Fundamental Course - Sustainable Cultural Management for European Theatres
Transitioning European theatres to a greener, more environmentally-conscious future
The Fundamental Course - Sustainable Cultural Management for European Theatres is a new activity for the period 2021-24 and is part of ETC's pledge to become a climate neutral network by 2030.
A joint initiative of the European Theatre Convention and Mitos21
27 January - 30 June 2022. 6 sessions each lasting 2-3 hours
This course is open to all member theatres, creative teams and individual staff members across all departments of both theatre networks. It aims at offering the fundamentals of sustainable cultural management and artistic creation processes. European theatre professionals will be empowered to obtain basic knowledge for tackling the transition to create a greener, more environmentally conscious and mindful just future, considering the most recent sectoral developments around the world.
The course consists of six sessions. Upon completion, each participant recieves a certificate of attendance.
Each session consists of an expert lecture with a Q&A, breakout learning sessions, and hands-on feedback rounds to share learnings.
27 January: Introduction to Creative Climate Leadership and Embedding Sustainability, in partnership with Julie's Bicycle
24 February: Artistic Visions for a Greener and More Just Future
31 March: Tools for Sustainable Transformations in Theatre Buildings and Operations
28 April: Green Theatre Productions and Fair Collaboration & Touring
2 June: Communication, Digitalization & Creation of Public Debate
30 June: Practice What You Preach - Learning from Each Other
Committed to join the course?
This six-month-long course is conceived to offer a holistic perspective embedding environmental sustainability into theatre organisations, through a capacity-building and peer-learning approach with international networking amongst fellow colleagues.
It is strongly recommended that colleagues who sign up for the course attend all of the six sessions offered. The organisers will provide certificates of attendance to participants who have completed the full cycle of workshops, and reserve the right to alter the programme if needed.
Ready to be part of it?
When: Block your calendar
Each session takes place online on a Thursday afternoon and lasts 2 hours, from 15:00-17:00 CET
How: Register now
Save your seat and register online by 17 January 2022.
Become an ETC Member
As a dynamic cultural network, the ETC offers a wide array of benefits for its Member Theatres:
- Find new partners and nurture relationships
- Share opportunities to experiment with new technologies and forms of storytelling
- Respond to social change with large-scale and interdisciplinary projects
Networking and Dialogue
- Forge connections within the artistic community
- Take part in exclusive and frequent meetings with cultural leaders
- Get informed and speak up: the ETC promotes its members worldwide
Mobility and Professional Development
- Improve your team’s intercultural, linguistic and artistic skills
- Participate in international co-productions
- Gain hands-on experience working with digital tools
Representation and Advocacy
- Be heard: The ETC represents your voice to political leaders at a European level
- Be seen: The ETC promotes theatre and increases its visibility at a European and international level
- Be represented in other cultural partnerships with European networks such as PEARLE* and Culture Action Europe