Want to perform in the UK? Webinar for performing arts professionals
Finnish Institute in the UK and Ireland
Join us for this free online webinar on 8 June at 1 pm – 2.30 pm, succinctly explaining the new Brexit requirements and what you need to know to continue touring the UK coming from Finland. We will open our TelepART mobility grant programme again for applications.
We are happy to present this webinar, covering all the essential information ranging from work permits, visas, Carnets, payments and taxes. We will also be taking a closer look at the UK post-Brexit booking landscape generally. Participants are asked to send their questions beforehand to firstname.lastname@example.org. Post-webinar materials will be provided for the participants.
This event will be led by Ian Smith, CEO of two key international music agencies based in the UK and Austria for over 20 years also a new company launching oyeah based in Vienna 2021 and founder of ‘Ukeartswork.info’ – a free fact-checked information initiative to keep creatives working with minimal disruption after Brexit in both directions. He has over 40 years of experience in touring as a musician / manager / tour manager and sound engineer. Smith also worked for 8 years pro bono as national chair of one of the sections of the UK Musicians Union.
Topics covered in the webinar:
- Entering the UK general information for EU / Finnish citizens
- Work permits ? What’s the difference between the different routes and what are permit free events , do I need something if I’m not being paid for a showcase etc
- Carnets , do I need one and strategies for minimising the need for one if necessary
- Merchandise VAT ( MWST ) and import duty what do I have to do if I have merchandise for sale ( Or for promotional purposes )
- General negotiation needs in respect of work permits and Carnets when dealing direct with promoters in the UK
- The new booking landscape in the UK post covid and post Brexit
- Collaborating with non-EU citizens ( UK citizens ) as musicians and other creatives Dance / Film / Multi-media etc post Brexit
- Venues and general practice in the UK
Want to perform in the UK? Webinar for performing arts professionals, Tuesday 8 June 13.00-14.30, online, register here.