Open Call to Present Works: The GENDERhouse Festival, Denmark
The GENDERhouse#2 Queer Arts Festival in Aarhus, Denmark is open for applications for full length performance works that either tackle themes of gender, sexuality or identity or that defy traditions, queer the borders of what performance is and can be, or have an artistic expression that stands out from the ‘artistic usual or genre normative’. They seek works that are bold, daring, artistically uncompromising and unapologetic for their form.
Selected performances will be programmed as part of The GENDER House#2 Queer Arts Festival between 24 September – 10 October 2021. The works will be presented as part of the festival’s programme between the theatres: Bora Bora – dans og visuelt teater and Åbne Scenen, Godsbanen in Aarhus, Denmark.
If your works are successfully chosen for presentation at the festival, the organisers will cover travel and accommodation and offer an artistic fee specific to each artist or company which will be calculated depending on: length of performance, numbers of people on the team, and how many nights you are selected to present.
- You must be resident in Europe to apply.
- Your work must be finished and have been presented to the public before – work in progress or rehearsal footage is not eligible.
- The length of the submitted work must fall between a minimum of 20 minutes and a maximum of 1.5 hours.
- You may not apply if you are currently a student. This opportunity is for professional artists and companies only.
- Your work must be queer in some shape or form: either by directly tackling themes of gender, sexuality or identity or by queering a genre or form in a refreshing and unusual way.
- You may apply if you identify as an LGBTQIA+ artist and would consider your work intrinsically queer.
- Your work must surpass traditional genres in some shape or form.
Deadline: 15 November 2020