REAL-IN: Residencies Focusing on Music Festivals, Performing Arts and the Fashion Industry (France, Spain, Italy)
REAL-IN are looking for creators and artists who want to (further) develop their already existing immersive and/or interactive project (or a work in progress) by exploring the possibilities that lie in the innovation of real-time interaction based on 3D volumetric capture. They want to encourage groundbreaking, forward-thinking implementations of this technology and participative interaction in the fields of Music Festivals, Performing Arts and the Fashion Industry. Particular attention will be paid to projects that combine those disciplines. Applicants will be eligible from any country in the world.
The technology proposed within REAL-IN, which will be shared during the residency, is based on multi-camera 3D volumetric capture, customisable visualisation and real-time interaction. These solutions make it possible to capture reality live within a complete volumetric scene and to interact with it via the ‘natural’ actions of the users in the device, i.e. without instruments in their hands or headsets on their heads. In this way spectators are engaged in new immersive experiences making them become part of the story, like actors. This disruptive technology is developed by Inlum.in (Vincent Borrel and Nicolas Gambini), an innovative tech studio based in Marseille (France), dedicated to the development, support and realisation of all forms of immersive projects and experiences.
Successful applicants will receive:
- 1 week of residency in Marseille (FR) provided by Dark Euphoria with the support of 2 technical directors from Inlum.in (tech studio), to develop sketches and prototypes of immersive and interactive experiences based on 3d volumetric capture and real-time interaction (the travel and accommodation expenses are covered by the project).
- Remote follow-up and technical support for your project (2-6 months following the residency).
- The residency expenses of the creative team (travel, accommodation and subsistence) will be covered by REAL-IN consortium.
- Production and prototyping costs (up to €10,000).
- Showcase in major EU events related to creative industries.
- Networking and peer-learning.
- Communication and promotion.
- Mentoring by renown experts in the field.
- Each selected team will be supported by a REAL-IN partner expert of the field: Espronceda for Music Festivals, La Manufacture for Performing arts, or MEET for Fashion Industry.
Residencies will take place between October and December 2021. The aim is then to showcase the results of the residencies within the framework of three conventions for relevant experts and industry stakeholders during three major international events in 2022 (Sónar festival, Avignon festival and Milan Fashion Week) to present the final project state to the public as well as to engage in a fruitful exchange with experts in the field. The costs for these moments of presentation (travel, accommodation, subsistence costs etc.) will be covered by REAL-IN consortium.